Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On ’Ya Bike!

30110Greenbike_9940Web

My Hero (via The Sartorialist)

One of the many things I love about Vancouver is the biking culture this city has. During the Summer months especially, bikes are everywhere and taking a ride around Stanley Park or to English Bay and back is one of my favourite ways to spend a day off.

However, for a multitude of reasons such as rain, moving too far away from school to bike, and being generally way too lazy, my own sweet ride is currently collecting rust and cobwebs on my balcony.

But after watching the trailer for new documentary Personal Velocity, I think I’ve gained enough motivation to reintroduce old red into my life >>

Watch the Personal Velocity Teaser  on Vimeo.

The 26 minute film follows two New York bikers on their daily commutes throughout the city’s infamously intense traffic.

The way in which the trailer is filmed shows in great perspective the risks bikers take everyday just getting from point A to point B, which leads to the question … why take the risk? In my opinion - the excitement and adrenalin you get from being a little daring on your two-wheeler won’t be found behind a steering wheel. Plus it’s fun feeling smug passing frustrated commuters stuck in traffic jams. Eat my dust, blue minivan.

Personal Velocity Premiered in Oslo last week but I’m unable to  find info regarding international release. Will be keeping a lookout.

Director, Producer, Cinematographer and Editor: Jon Vatne

Co-Producer and Cinematographer: Jeremy S. Cohan

Co-Producer and Sound Recorder: M. Emily MacKenzie

www.personalvelocityfilm.com

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment