Monday, November 15, 2010

KINGS OF COVERS

It's no secret that I have a huge love affair with Kings of Leon. I've recently started listening to them again, and man oh man, how they take me back to certain times (good and bad). I know what most of my friends would say: "Nah, they're overplayed now" or "Their old stuff was better" or "They're so mainstream now" but I don't really give a snap-tatt'n-tootle. I fell in love with their fourth album (and most main stream one) Only By The Night and decided to go backwards, see how they've progressed throughout the years. My final verdict is that I'm in love with them old stuff and new. Now I'm definitely not the most die hard fan, but they certainly do hold a special place within me. If you haven't gotten a chance to fully listen to them have a taste here.

To continue on, as I was trying to find all their old stuff, dig up some good songs I may have overlooked, but I couldn't help but notice the album artwork and posters they've collected throughout the years. They're pretty fucking amazing, simple and all. Take a look at their album covers (US and UK versions):







My favourite, the UK version


Vinyl:



 Track covers:









It even gets better. Check out their tour posters!

Oldies:






Australian Set:













And just for our partner in crime...the NEW ZEALAND set:




Excuse my English, but they're fucking brilliant.


Shazzam, Marls









No comments:

Post a Comment