Monday, November 8, 2010

HIGH FIVE SUNDAYS

It's that time of the week again! HIGH FIVE SUNDAYS!

I love Fall. Fall is the most amazing time of the year (whenever its not raining, of course.) This is the time of the year when everyone's wardrobe gets more layered and chunkier...when more risks are taken because that fall breeze gives you a rush you can't seem to explain. Now, men's fashion is amazing during Fall...but I love women's fashion as well. Women's fashion during the fall time is bonkers. I mean, absolutely gorgeous! So, instead of my giving a top 5 of what I loved seeing on a man (a reflection in the mirror, ha!), I want to give the top 5 things I loved seeing on women this fall. An article of clothing, item, or something different they did that made me give them a second look.

5. THAT "LOUNGE PANT".
Those grey "lounge pants" she's wearing. Oh yeah.
I really liked this Michael Kors campaign for their Fall 2010 collection (I am a little biased because this was shot by my idol Mario Testino). Supermodel Carmen Kass is rocking those lounge pants like there's no tomorrow ( I call them lounge pants because I don't want to call them sweatpants). There was definitely nothing sexier than seeing a woman who was looking incredibly comfortable and fashionable at the same time. The next time you go out and wanna look good, stick to being comfortable. Comfort is always the way. 

4. THAT OVER SIZED TOP 

 Over-sized anything, actually! Cruising down Main Street, Commercial, or even Downtown, over-sized sweaters took over. I just love how wearing a ratty-tatty worn out fisherman's sweater that's not even form fitting can make someone look incredibly good. That's my opinion, at least. I love subtle sexy.

3. THAT WAVY BOHEMIAN HAIR
Our girl, Siobhan!
Love of my life, Lauren Conrad.
Long, wavy bohemian inspired hair was to me, the hairstyle of this season. Lauren's beach blonde locks are nice, but since autumn came a long, people opted for darker chest-nutty brunette locks with the same hair style. I know you know you wanted long hair this season...just admit it! Long hair rules.
PS, check out our very own girl Siobhan looking like a babely-babe (she knows how much I love this hairstyle and middle part on her!) 

2.  THAT CLUSTER OF RINGS


I used to work with this girl who had the most amazing set or rings I have ever seen in my life. They were not even expensive or anything, they just fit her personality and the edginess of her look. She had all different kinds of rings, chunky, thin, every kind you know it. She would have at least one on every finger and man, she looked amazing. To all the women rocking those chunky cluster of rings this season, I salute you. You made looking at your fingers that much more enjoyable.

1. OVER-SIZED JACKETS





To everyone who knows me, it is no surprise that I am addicted to jackets. Jackets, jackets, jackets galore! My partner in crime and I have been going out buying jackets like fiends and we can safely say that we are broke poor from all the jackets we have purchased. I just wanted to salute all the women out there who rocked the perfect fall jacket: an over-sized one. If you haven't purchased one yet...take a look at these pictures. Why not? Go thrifting and I promise you will find some hidden gem out there.

All images are taken from lookbook.nu, debrisblanclaboritorium.blogspot.com,
 hairstyle-blog.com, and mod-tv.com

-Marls

No comments:

Post a Comment