Wednesday, November 17, 2010

On the Theme of Music

The style of the musicians of the 1960s such as Mick Jagger, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan and The Beatles is the number 1 inspiration for everything I ever design. I love discovering new artists from that time that I haven’t heard of yet, or reintroducing myself to musicians I was exposed to as a youngster (thanks Dad) having realized how awesome they are.

I am currently doing the latter with a little psychedelic folkster that goes by the name of Donovan:

everlastingsea.com 4

www.everlastingsea.com

I’m always more attracted to music by sound rather than lyrics, but I think Donovan’s music is an exception. He creates such visual imagery with his words so when you listen to his albums you’re also playing a film in your mind. This is a trait quite common in the psychedelic genre of the 60s and 70s (gotta love that LSD), but I’ve not come across anything as clear and cohesive as what Donovan produced during that time.

Donovan Speaks & Sings

And he’s still alive and going strong! That always amazes me considering the lives these musicians from the (in my opinion)first great artistic generation of the 20th century have had.

And because I’m a stylie-stylist, below are some images of his stylie-style. Check him out >>

everlastingsea.com 5

www.everlastingsea.com

soundchecks.co.uk-1

www.soundchecks.co.uk

aintitcool.com 1

www.aintitcool.com

everlastingsea.com 2

www.everlastingsea.com

everlastingsea.com 1

www.everlastingsea.com

everlastingsea.com 3

www.everlastingsea.com

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment