Sunday, January 30, 2011

High-Five Sundays

My Dad, a black coffee drinker and a hip, hip dude, has a pretty sweet collection of mugs.

021

…This morning’s mug choice…

A caffeine consumer myself, I’ve always admired a good-looking mug. Perhaps one day when my dollar’s flow more freely I’ll start a collection like my dad. But for today, I’ll settle with sharing my Top Five Mug Styles >>

5. Functional >>

Sometimes I crave a little more from my coffee mug than just drinking. Added storage or information about what’s in my cup is always a plus.

9

This Pantone mug has colour swatches around the rim so you can match the perfect milk-coffee ratio every time.

14

Though technically not for coffee, this mug still makes my list due to its handy hidden storage on the saucer for a tea bag.

29

I wonder how many minutes of wasted time I’ve clocked having to rotate my cup every time the handle is on the wrong side. No longer!

20081125012850

Bonus = compartment for cookies. Downside = less space for liquids.

4. Trompe L'oeil-ee >>

Sometimes things look better when they’re made to look like other stuff.

coffee__by_dzlr123-d2y3xm2_large

Apparently these camera lens mugs are just prototypes. A high-five for anyone who can locate the real thing.

ddbcanada cup_big

Useless fact = designed in Canada!

zwierzynski of poland

Zwierzynski of Poland created this series of mugs based on origami designs.

 

3. Souvenir-ee

Sometimes the best place about visiting somewhere is the lame souvenirs you take back with you. Other times, your tacky take-home reminds you of a pleasant vacation long-gone while you sip your third cup of the day at your shitty shitty desk job.

80975680v1_225x225_Front

450451580v1_225x225_Back

Yu4L

4bad8d66ad085_79332n

 

2. Word-ee

Puns, personalization, and dirty words are a plus.

tumblr_l6764tl9Nm1qcf9boo1_400_large

Untitled-1

348434348v3_225x225_Front

That’s exactly what I’d say too.

D846DD31

 

1. Designer-ee

Anything that makes me feel more creative, smarter, and wittier than everyone else and looks good is cool with me.

pantonemugs

Zero-Gravity-Mug-designed by xu54

Created by Shanghai based designer XU54, this “zero gravity” mug will apparently stand as pictured by itself due to it’s balanced design.

And lastly, this one goes out to everyone in my web design class >>

css-cup

If web design class will teach me nothing else, it will still all be worth it for giving me the ability to understand this mug.

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment