Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Favourite Sneakers–An Art & Sole Project

There was a time in my late teens and early twenties when the only shoes I ever wore were jandals/flip flops, and my many pairs of converse chucks. I’ve since branched out a little, but chucks will always be my ultimate shoe.

Art & Sole, a blog that celebrates the creative side of sneaker culture, and Toy, a collective of European designers, artists, and illustrators, have paired up to commission the talent at Toy to create artworks of their favourite sneakers.

This new project is something that Art & Sole plans to continue with other artists, so check back at their blog for more in the future. The current submissions are below >>

image

Reebok Pump prototype by Scott Balmer

image

LA Gear by Christopher Gray

image

Nike Icarus by Chris Martin

image

Converse All Star 2 by Jean Jullien

image

Nike Air Mag by Jon Boam (the auto-lacing shoes from Back To The Future II)

image

Mr. Hare King Tubby by Jan Hakon

image

Nike Air Jordan 1 by Rob Flowers

image

Vans Authentic by David Sparshott

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment