Thursday, May 26, 2011

Roden Gray Women’s Wear

Vancouver’s 01 Magazine has posted a photo shoot they worked on for Roden Gray’s new women’s wear lines. I heard a few months back that the Gastown store was planning on adding onto their men’s wear, and judging by the clothing in the photos it looks like they’ll be making room for women in their store by the Spring.

I love Roden Gray as a men’s wear store, so I had high expectations for what they’d choose for women. Brands like Acne, Rachel Comey,Theory, Alexander Wang, Rag & Bone and Helmut Lang have made the cut. Below is the full editorial, straight from 01 Magazine >>

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

So what do you think? My opinion – Apart from the last three looks and a few of the others (striped t with jeans, the leather jacket) I don’t see much of a connection between this and the style of their men’s wear. It looks to me like they’re going for the Obakki crowd with this one, which may or may not pay off for them.

My favourites pieces are definitely the patterned button-up shirt with the loose denim shorts and brown ankle boots. I’ll definitely check the full selection out when they hit their Gastwon store, but likely – I’ll still go back to their men’s wear.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment