Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tribute to Coachella 2010

110

I got an email from Coachella.com yesterday notifying me that Coachella 2011 is just 10 days away. Awesome! Except I’m not going this year. Though the line up is slightly less stellar than last years (in my own opinion of course), I would have still loved to have gone this year if just for the crazy atmosphere that is a music festival.

So instead of going, I shall look back on last year and give you my top four most memorable memories of Coachella 2010 >>

4. Camping

053

What I remember the most about my camping experience was waking up each morning at 7am because it would already be too hot to stay inside. Crazy California…

 

3. The Dead Weather

The must see band of my Coachella 2010. Endured a day of other not as favourite bands just to get to the front of the crowd. Totally worth it, the band knows how to rock your socks off, and I want to grow up to be Allison Mosshart. A clip from their performance below >

Dead Weather Coachella 2010 – 60 Feet Tall

 

2. My Feet

170

Were gross. Wear sunscreen, Kids.

 

1. All of the Bands I Kind of Knew & Now Love Because I Saw Them at Coachella

211

Gossip, Phoenix, Hot Chip, Gorillaz, etc, etc. For me the best part of going to a festival is discovering new music, or finding new inspiration in a band you’ve known about forever. That’s why I think a festival really shouldn’t be judged by its headliners.

* * *

If any of you are making the trip to the desert this year, have fun and pack lots of skimpy clothing you would feel embarrassed to wear in your home town. I’ll leave you with the below spectacular video by Sam O’Hare of Coachella 2010 >>

Coachella 2010

All photos are mine

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment