Thursday, December 2, 2010

Is She...or Isn't He?

Meet Andrej Pejic, the Croatian and Serbian offering to the fashion world from Australia. Being at a ripe age of 19 years old, Andrej is making headlines all over the fashion industry with the poutiest lip and platinum blonde hair that makes forgetting this unique beauty very hard to do. In a interview, Andrej says that "people in the industry get bored easily especially now that everything has been done and every so often they need new toys to play with." 


"I think women today are sick of seeing underdeveloped teenagers modeling their clothes. They want a real woman with hips and thighs. Hahaha! But really I think that people in the industry get bored easily especially now that everything has been “done“ and every so often they need new toys to play with." 

In fighting form, Pejic proves that the new toy to play with...is him.



Me, I have this enormous respect for androgyny. Hell, my first post was about how much I love Tilda Swinton! With Andrej, I literally could not believe it until I looked a little closer at his features. He has the features of a man...but there's something there that's undeniably feminine. Kudos and props to a fellow 19 year old who's embracing what he's given. I am a fan of him, for sure, but I do have one issue.

I think everyone needs to tone it down a little bit. Dress him in a dress, put heels on him for all I care, but give him something else to work with. Yeah, it's cool, he's different...so what's next? Don't let the androgyny make him it's bitch, let the androgyny be his.






"When I'm gone they'll probably say: What was that?"




Here is a cool shoot of his:







cool!
"How often does it happen that people think you're a girl? 
Oh all the time! Straight men have been hitting on me since I was eight years old"


I say cut his hair. Let's see what else he can do. 
I'm routin' for you, buddy!


images and interview taken from thefashionspot.com

-Marls

 



No comments:

Post a Comment