Friday, October 29, 2010

LOOKBOOKERS

Fashion can be a fickle thing. Feeling fashionable can too feel this way. Whenever I'm not dosing off, having my head in the clouds, I remember that there is a great website to gather inspiration, look at great fashion, and just plain get lost in (other than the deep and dark brooding mysteries in my head, of course). This website is www.lookbook.nu.

Now, if you've never heard of this website, all it is is a sharing community where people can post up pictures of their latest outfits to a) show you their different and personal styles, b) show you different takes on clothing/accessories that you might not necessarily think of wearing, and c) simply make you jealous. Being a fashion student, it's great to have this website to use for projects when you're "story boarding" or "target market researching" or "demographics-ing" (totally made that word up.)

I haven't been on it in a while, but man oh man, the fall fashion was good. And I mean...good, hardcore good. Here are some highlights:

Now this right here, this is how to do a proper chunky knit pullover with multiple colors and patterns. Everyone knows I rarely do bright colors...and never all at once..but this just looks... looks like a beauty.
This look screams stylish fucking fisherman. Talk about hook, line, and sinker (took me about 5 minutes to come up with that line). I can't even express the love I have for this whole ensemble (look at the gloves! damn!)
Yeah, it's Mr.Fisherman again. Combats, chunky scarf, jeans, shirt, and toque....I swear this guy has been through my closet. (Side note: I'm looking for new combats to replace my very loved but worn out ones...any  suggestions?)
This guy is rocking some serious fanny pack here. I'd tried to rock that bastard a long time ago, but it just didn't cut it...maybe its time to get back up on the horse? Plus, check out some serious layering...who knew a denim vest on top of a cardigan on top of a button up looked so good?
Sweet toque. Enough said. And the necklace is pretty sick too.
This as a whole is amazing. Even as separates these are amazing. The matching jacket to the pant is beyond phenomenal. It's casual-cool...how I wish I can dress like this everyday.  
I give mad props to this guy. It's so cohesive. And belting the jacket...well done. 
This guy is my favorite. It's really the small details that count in the long run, eh? And doesn't he kind of look like a more hip Wesley Snipes?

All images are from lookbook.nu
Peace Easy, Marls





No comments:

Post a Comment