Monday, February 28, 2011

High Five...Oscars!

Last night was my favourite day of the year: Oscars Sunday! It was hosted by none other than the beautiful, somewhat nervous, Anne Hathaway and the lovely, but "my mom thought he was blind since he would'nt look at the camera" James Franco. If you didn't get a chance to watch it, you should! I would highly suggest it. Beautiful set, beautiful awards...and most of all, beautiful women (in beautiful dresses).

I didn't want to post yesterday after the amazing interview Jessica had with the co-owner of F as in Frank Drew Heifetz (which you can read here), so we will be doing our tradition of High Five Sundays...today! Since I did a post for the best dressed women during the Golden Globes...High Five Sundays will get the Oscar treatment.

Here are the five best dressed from last nights show:


5. Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa

This girl has got it going on. She's going to have such a stupendous career in the movie industry. She was a force to be reckoned with in True Grit and I believe that she'll soon be back at the Oscars to nab an award. She's age appropriate in this and she just looks like she's having a great time. I wonder how I would feel if I was nominated at such a young age (she's only 14!)

4. Anne Hathaway in Atelier Versace

The White Queen herself...goes burgundy. And I like it. Anne Hathaway has always been a  favourite of mine. She has a really good range in her acting abilities and hot to boot. This was, by far, her best look of the night (though her other dresses were nice as well!). I can't wait to see her take on Selina Kyle aka Catwoman in Chris Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises out in 2012..oh yeah!

3. Mandy Moore in Monique Lhullier

What a knockout. And to think that I hated Mandy Moore during her "Candy" days. She's definitely grown up and I can honestly say that I like what I see. Such a shame her movie Tangled wasn't nominated, but atleast she got to perform her nominated song on stage with Zachary Levi. Anyways, you have to admit this dress gets you all hot and bothered in a classy way. Tall and beautiful, Mandy Moore is number 3 on my list.

2. Mila Kunis in Elie Saab
Mila Kunis was this years Anna Kendrick of last year. Really soft and flowing, she REALLY got it right with this. The color, the way it fits her body...it's enough to make any man's (including mine) jaw drop. After seeing her in Black Swan...with, ahem, Natalie Portman...this is a great look for her. All in all, what a babe.


1. Cate Blanchett in Givenchy
What a beast. She wasn't even nominated! This goes on to further my love for more mature women (ask anyone who my crush is and I always respond with someone older). This dress just knocked it right out of the park. That intricate beading and shoulder is an Oscar worthy dress. She looks stunning in this and she's funny to boot (check it at the 0:31 second mark).

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott

Halle Berry in Marchesa

Florence Welch in Valentino Couture


Natalie Portman in Rodarte



Michelle Williams in Chanel Couture

What do you think?
We do not own any of these images

-Marls

No comments:

Post a Comment